Construction Update Leaside Station
June 16, 2018
TRAFFIC & PEDESTRIAN CHANGES LEASIDE STATION
On Monday, June 18th, the construction zone will be shifting from the south side of Eglinton Avenue East to the north side of Eglinton Avenue East, both east and west of Bayview Avenue. The new set up will support the continuation of the support of excavation work including pile installation, shallow excavation and wet utilities relocations in the roadway on the north side of Eglinton Avenue East.
· Permitted hours are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven (7) days per week.
· The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Work is expected to begin June 18th, 2018.
· This work will continue for the remainder of 2018. There will be a number of changes to the traffic and pedestrian routes over the next 6-8 months.
· Occasional overnight work may be required. Metrolinx will notify the public in advance and monitor activities throughout.
· Nearby residents and businesses can expect noise in the area caused by a pile drill, crane, loaders, trucks and other construction equipment.
· In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
· For safety purposes, fencing will be erected around the work zone.
· All access to businesses is maintained throughout the stages.
TRAFFIC AND PEDESTRIAN DETAILS
· The north-south crosswalk on the east side of Bayview Avenue will be closed.
· The north and southbound traffic on Bayview Avenue will be able to turn left onto Eglinton Avenue.
· The eastbound traffic will be permitted to turn left to go north on Bayview Avenue.
· The westbound traffic will continue to be restricted from turning left to go south on Bayview Avenue.
· All right turns will be restricted on a red light.
· One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained.
· Dedicated turn lanes for the northbound left turn and the southbound left turn will be maintained.
· PDOs and/or traffic control persons may be on site to assist traffic in the area where necessary.
· The westbound TTC stop will be shifted east to Rollian Sushi.
· The northbound TTC stop will be shifted to just south of Craig Crescent.
· All other TTC stops will remain in their current location.
TRAVELLING SMART DURING CONSTRUCTION
· Travel delays are expected with construction. Please allow extra time for your journey.
· Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Eglinton Crosstown LRT construction.
· Download the free ‘aCrosstown’ traffic app to get real-time traffic and transit information for Eglinton Avenue.
Provincial Election All Candidates Meeting Wednesday May 23rd
May 5, 2018
Mark your calendars! The LPOA is hosting an all candidates meeting on Wednesday, May 23rd at 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 7:00 p.m.) in the William Lea Room at Leaside Arena. We have invited the Provincial candidates for Don Valley West from the Liberal, Progressive Conservative, Green, Libertarian and New Democratic parties.
Many thanks to our contributing sponsors: The Leaside Pub, Patrick Rocca, Richard A. Byford and Valu-mart.
April 7, 2018
There will be a public consultation at the Smokin’ Cigar (1540 Bayview Avenue) on Tuesday April 10th 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.. The draft for the Bayview and Millwood Parkette has been completed and this an opportunity for residents to view the plan and ask questions about the proposed changes. For more information, click here.
Toronto Noise Mitigation Initiatives – Leaside Open House and Survey
March 19, 2018
The GTAA and NAV Canada are conducting public consultation on proposals that are aimed at reducing noise impacts for residents around the Greater Toronto Area. The proposals include: new flight paths for overnight flights, changes to the preferential runway system and a summer weekend runway alternation program.
There are drop in evening events held in communities across the GTA, including April 12 at Leaside Memorial Community Gardens from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. GTAA and NAV Canada representatives will be available to answer questions one-on-one and speak to the impact and benefits of the proposed changes to our community. To register for the event, please click here.
For background on the Six Ideas, see the Noise Mitigation Initiatives Engagement Plan here. As well, please fill out their survey on the Six Ideas found here. Please note that the comment period will close on April 20th.
Midtown in Focus – Public Open House
January 22, 2018
The City is holding a final open house on February 10th, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at North Toronto Collegiate Institute (17 Broadway Avenue). Workshops and Presentations will be held at 10:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. This is your opportunity to see how the proposed Yonge-Eglinton Secondary Plan and associated infrastructure assessments will shape the future of Midtown.
For details about the Midtown In Focus Open House, click here to visit the City of Toronto website.
Save the Date – Leaside Town Hall Monday February 5th 7:00 p.m.
January 18, 2018
Councillor Burnside will be hosting a Leaside Town Hall on Monday February 5th 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the William Lea Room, Leaside Gardens (1073 Millwood Road). The Councillor has invited City staff, budget staff and Metrolinx.
Hydro One Community Open House
January 2, 2018
In February 2018, Hydro One will begin construction to refurbish critical transmission infrastructure. The infrastructure being replaced was built in the 1960s and has reached its end of life. Sections of underground cable will be replaced between the Leaside Transformer Station, near Millwood Road and Overlea Boulevard, and Todmorden Junction, under Leaside Bridge.
Hydro One invites you to join their project team to learn more about the construction on January 23rd 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Trace Manes Community Center, 110 Rumsey Road.
Should you have any questions or wish to be added the project mailing list, please contact Hydro One Community Relations at (416) 345-6799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next LPOA Board Meeting
December 31, 2017
Please note that the next regular LPOA Board Meeting is on Wednesday, January 10, rather than on the usual first Wednesday of the month. Meetings start at 7:30 p.m. and are held at Trace Manes Community Centre. All Leaside residents are welcome to attend.
Laird in Focus – Dec. 5 2017 Community Meeting Presentation
December 14, 2017
For those who were unable to attend and for those interested, the presentation from the community meeting is now available for download.
Please visit www.toronto.ca/lairdinfocus and click on Meetings and Events to access the presentation.
LPOA 2017 AGM Development Update
December 11, 2017