TRAFFIC & PEDESTRIAN CHANGES LEASIDE STATION
On Monday, June 18th, the construction zone will be shifting from the south side of Eglinton Avenue East to the north side of Eglinton Avenue East, both east and west of Bayview Avenue. The new set up will support the continuation of the support of excavation work including pile installation, shallow excavation and wet utilities relocations in the roadway on the north side of Eglinton Avenue East.
· Permitted hours are 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven (7) days per week.
· The contractor may not always work during the permitted hours, but may do so at its discretion.
Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Work is expected to begin June 18th, 2018.
· This work will continue for the remainder of 2018. There will be a number of changes to the traffic and pedestrian routes over the next 6-8 months.
· Occasional overnight work may be required. Metrolinx will notify the public in advance and monitor activities throughout.
· Nearby residents and businesses can expect noise in the area caused by a pile drill, crane, loaders, trucks and other construction equipment.
· In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
· For safety purposes, fencing will be erected around the work zone.
· All access to businesses is maintained throughout the stages.
TRAFFIC AND PEDESTRIAN DETAILS
· The north-south crosswalk on the east side of Bayview Avenue will be closed.
· The north and southbound traffic on Bayview Avenue will be able to turn left onto Eglinton Avenue.
· The eastbound traffic will be permitted to turn left to go north on Bayview Avenue.
· The westbound traffic will continue to be restricted from turning left to go south on Bayview Avenue.
· All right turns will be restricted on a red light.
· One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained.
· Dedicated turn lanes for the northbound left turn and the southbound left turn will be maintained.
· PDOs and/or traffic control persons may be on site to assist traffic in the area where necessary.
· The westbound TTC stop will be shifted east to Rollian Sushi.
· The northbound TTC stop will be shifted to just south of Craig Crescent.
· All other TTC stops will remain in their current location.
TRAVELLING SMART DURING CONSTRUCTION
· Travel delays are expected with construction. Please allow extra time for your journey.
· Traffic will be extra heavy at peak periods during the Eglinton Crosstown LRT construction.
· Download the free ‘aCrosstown’ traffic app to get real-time traffic and transit information for Eglinton Avenue.